The Conference Centre is available during Fall, Winter and Spring for weekend and midweek use. The quiet peaceful surroundings and comfortable rooms make Guelph an ideal Retreat centre. We offer meeting facilities, meal service and overnight accommodations to match your group’s needs. GBCC is a great place for church retreats, seminars and conferences.
At Guelph Bible Conference Centre you can expect to find a variety of facilities to fit your group’s needs and wants. Our facilities include Air-conditioned Meeting Rooms, Fellowship Lounge and Dining Room, Multiple Meeting and Seminar Rooms (great for smaller groups and retreats), Large Double Gymnasium, Heated Pool (in season), Outdoor Basketball/Tennis Court, Miniature Golf Course, Climbing Wall, Sand Volley Ball Court, Playground, Horse Shoes, Shuffle Board and Archery, as well as a campfire (seating available around the firepit).
Depending on your group, retreat, conference, or event size we have a variety of accommodations to suit your overnight needs. We have twenty-five air-conditioned motel style inn rooms. Each room comes with two double (size) beds, a sitting area, and an ensuite washroom. There are eight dorm-style rooms, great for bonding and recapping the day’s sessions and events. Linens are not included in the dorm-style rooms. We also have sixteen cabins lining the property. These vary in size and sleeping arrangements.
The Guelph Bible Conference Centre seeks to provide a facility for a balanced program of Bible ministry, physical recreation and Christian fellowship. We feel confident that our guests desire along with us, the maintenance of a Christ honouring atmosphere at all times. To this end, we would ask that conversation, dress and conduct be consistent with Christian ethics. To view a complete statement of our beliefs please follow the link below.
Experience high-quality and tasty food at every meal when at Guelph Bible Conference Centre. The staff goes to great lengths to make sure you enjoy your dining experience from the moment you enter the dining hall. Our in-house chef has cooked 1000’s of meals from parties of 1 to groups of over 200+.
Enjoy a tasty late-night or mid-day snack for your conference, event, or retreat. A great choice to add during a social hour or break in between meetings, or sessions. We have a variety of snacks including popular ones such as veggie platter with drip, cheese and cracker spread, a variety of fruit platters, and a sweets table.
Looking to start the day off right? Our breakfasts are extremely popular at GBCC. Enjoy your favourites like scrambled eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns. Or surprise your guests with delectable Belgian waffles and berries complete with a hot and cold cereal option, fresh fruit salad, and a yogurt station.
In need of a flavourful midday meal to restore energy and be the talk of the afternoon? Enjoy comforting food like sub sandwiches, with homemade soup and an extensive salad and fruit bar. Or change it up with a chicken and steak fajita, rice and beans, taco salad, and some yummy ice cream. The options are endless.
How does roast beef, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, tossed salad, and homemade dessert sound? Or maybe you would prefer baked chicken, rice pilaf, veggies, dinner rolls, and a collection of sweets? You will love the options for your group when you choose to have dinner at the Guelph Bible Conference Centre.
Services and Responsibilities
* Deposit: Deposit is based on 10% of the estimated balance, or $350.00, whichever is higher, and must follow the reservation in order to hold the date.
* Cancellation Policy: Refund less $50.00 administration fee if 12 or more weeks prior to the dates. No refund will be given if cancellation is less than 12 weeks prior to the conference date.
* Rental Agreement: To be signed by the Guest Group leader and returned to GBCC with Deposit.
* Hold Harmless Agreement: To be filled out by the Guest Group leader and returned to GBCC before the conference date.
* Statement of Belief and Code of Conduct: Groups renting GBCC must align with the Statement of Belief set forth by the Board of Directors, and the Code of Conduct. The signed statement must be sent back prior to the conference date.
* Certificate of insurance: Required and must be sent to GBCC before the conference date.
* Schedule: Please submit a copy of the event schedule to the Guest Services Coordinator before the conference date.
* Multiple Bookings: The Conference Centre reserves the right to book multiple groups. GBCC will allocate meeting rooms space to best meet the needs of all groups. The Dining room, Lounge and Gym are common areas and are not to be used to conduct meetings. Announcements etc…. are to be made in your designated meeting area. The Gym may be reserved in advance if your group has a planned activity. We ask that the reservation be kept to a 2-hour block of time to enable all groups to enjoy the facility.
* Finalizing Numbers and Conference details: A final count is required 4 days prior to the start of the conference. Your group will be financially responsible for this number. Meeting room set up and final requests and details will also need to be given at that time.
* Arrival and Departure: will vary and will be agreed upon and discussed with the Guest Services Coordinator.
* Snacks: Brought in must be prepared in a Commercial Kitchen.
* Special Diets: Please let the Guest Services Coordinator know about any special dietary needs.
* Shoes must be worn outside and in the Dining Room.
* Rebooking: Groups will have one week to reserve the same dates for the following year. After one week the date will be open for other groups to consider.
*Accommodations: The Conference Centre will allocate usage of the facilities at the time of reservation. Double Occupancy is recommended. Single Occupancy will incur a 30% increase to the rate, before taxes. Some exception will apply.
* Rates: are all-inclusive. No changes due to missed meals.
* Gratuity: We give our guests the opportunity to show their appreciation for the service given by the staff of GBCC. Baskets can be placed on the tables at specified meals, or you can choose to add the specified amount to the final invoice. Gratuity is optional.
* Lock-up: The main building exits will be locked at 9:00 pm with the exception of the front door. The front door lock-up time will vary and will be discussed with the Guest Services Coordinator. The outside doors will be unlocked at 7:00 am.
* Outside doors are not to be propped open when locked. The security of our guests is of the utmost importance. Small animals tend to sneak into the buildings as well.
* Quiet Hours: Please abide by the city of Guelph “outside noise” ordinance which is enforced between the hours of 11:00 pm and 8:00 am.
* Furniture: Is not to be moved from one room to another including the meeting room.
* Meeting Room set up: GBCC makes every effort to set up the meeting rooms according to the specifications discussed between the guest group leader and GBCC’s Guest Services Coordinator, prior to the conference. Please inform the Guest Services Coordinator of any additional needs. We will do our best to accommodate those needs in a timely manner. Tables and chairs are not to be moved from one area to another.
* Only green painters tape is to be used on the walls. Please do not use masking tape, duct tape, tacks or scotch tape on walls, windows or doors.
* Please remind your group that there is to be NO FOOD OR DRINKS IN THE AUDITORIUM.
* Damage: Please report any damage or maintenance needs to the front desk. Charges may be added for damages other than normal wear and tear.