Summer Staff Application
Please prayerfully consider this application. It is NOT an easy vocation; you must come with a sincere love for the Lord Jesus Christ, a desire to serve Him in any way, and a definite conviction that Guelph Bible Conference Centre is where the Lord wants you to volunteer to serve Him this summer. (2 Corinthians 5:14-21)
Even though this is a volunteer position, you will get an honorarium according to your age and position. Please note staff is to be 16 years of age or older. Maturity and experience will be taken into consideration.
This summer we are looking for:
- Life Guards
- Food Service and Dining Room Staff
- Day Camp Counsellors, (must be over 19 years old)
- Maintenance Staff
You can fill in the summer staff application form online: here
Or you can download it: here
Please have your reference(s) fill in the online reference form: here
Or they can download it: here
If you are a returning staff member you can fill in an application: here
Or you can download it: here
We are looking for a hardworking, motivated individual with a servant attitude, who is interested in serving as Facilities Manager.
They are to work as part of the GBCC ministry and have the desire and the calling to be both a leader and team member serving full-time, in a “hands-on” position at a Christian Camping-Conference Centre.
The Facilities Manager must contribute to the mission of GBCC, as well as work hospitably,compassionately, cooperatively and tactfully with GBCC staff, individual guest or camper, volunteers and groups using the professional servant-hood model.The primary responsibilities of the Facilities Manager are new minor construction and to maintain and/or renovate and remodel the Facilities and new minor construction of Infrastructure, to maintain and/or renovate the Infrastructure and the Grounds of Guelph Bible Conference Centre. The Facilities Manager may be asked to help in other areas of the camp program.
Direct supervisor: General Manager
Start date: as soon as a suitable candidate has been selected.
Employment Status: Full-time, salaried position.
Benefits: Housing (onsite), utilities, health & dental insurance included in package.
- Has a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Demonstrates personal faith through consistent daily living in accordance to God’s Word. Is in agreement with the GBCC Statement of Faith
- Understands the mission of GBCC and submits all other goals and desires to that main goal.
- Possesses good managerial and interpersonal skills, is self-directed, flexible, reliable, creative and good communicator.
- Possesses strong attention to detail and organization while managing multiple priorities.
- Must at least (5) five years experience in a Christian Camping ministry.
- Must have a journeyman’s rating in a construction trade, maintenance technician or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least (5) five years experience in maintenance and/or construction responsibilities.
- Has at least (5) five years experience in Grounds/Landscape maintenance and/or similar responsibilities.
- Has at least (3) three years experience in operating heavy equipment, lawn & garden equipment, chain saws, backpack blowers, snow blowers, etc.
- Maintains a professional appearance through personal hygiene and grooming habits.
- Normal workweek is 40 hours. Additional hours may need to be worked during peak times. The salaried, ministry status of this position pays the employee a set salary for as many hours as necessary to complete the job as prescribed by the job description. It is not an hourly position that pays the employee for the hours that are worked, nor do overtime provisions apply.
- Regular, timely attendance.
Please send resumes to: [email protected].